Recently, I have been pondering many things.
HOW are we supposed to live our lives?
WHAT are we supposed to be doing?
WHERE are we going?
WHY is the template for life the way it is?
It appears to me that everyone these days is living for all of the wrong reasons...like they are not living at all! Go to work...make money...go home...spend money...it all seems to come down to money. People think they need to do everything it takes to get as much money as possible to be happy. Is happiness derived from money? What does it take to make a person truly happy?
Do you ever think to yourself "Wow, everything in my life is great and i am SO happy!!" ? Then the next day think "Nothing is going right for me, it all feels so hopeless.." ? This happens to alot of people. It's like your mind switches from positive to negative with the snap of a finger. Why? Why can't these positive thoughts and outlooks remain?
Positive VS Negative
Positive people are happy people. They are optimistic, warm, and amazing to be around.
Negative people are NOT happy people. They are Debbie Downers, and often feel like nothing is good enough.
Positiveness and negativity are two very strong, and often over whelming emotions that can effect our present and future lives IMMENSELY if we are not careful.
Looking for some feedback on all of this. Will extend blog soon.
You've asked some very interesting questions, none of which are particularly easy to answer.
ReplyDeleteHow are we supposed to live our lives? I believe we must first think about what type of life we wish to live. What makes us happy? What are our goals; long term, short term? If you don't know what you want in life, it may seem like you are just drifting along waiting for things to happen to you, or waiting to be inspired. This is a great path for some, but I think it's a good idea to meditate on what you want out of life, and what you want to provide for the life of others.
What are we supposed to be doing? This is a loaded question! If it is "we" as in a small group, maybe it would be easier to answer. If it is "we" as in all of humanity, that might be more difficult. There is so much uncertainty; everyone is unique, and has a different idea of what is right for them. For humanity I'd like to think the goal is to bring about peace, mutual respect, harmony, and positivity towards other people, while protecting this beautiful planet that all of us call home.
Where are we going? I wish I knew! Hopefully not to Mars or the Moon, I really like Earth. It's perfect for us!
I feel like the 'template for life' is the way it is because we unconsciously embrace the ideas, morals, and life goals of society, culture, and of our ancestors. Maybe it's better to look to younger people for the answers instead of worshipping dead people and old people. Wisdom is important and should be respected, but being progressive may lead to a healthier society and planet.
I wish there were simple answers to your questions. If more people asked these questions the world would certainly be a better place. And from an individualistic perspective, a person could learn so much about themselves if they stop, breathe, and ask these questions of themselves. I applaud you for asking them!
The questions I asked are ALL so loaded...it just takes people like you and I to sort of break the answers down, to "disect" the them.
ReplyDeleteI love what you said about turning to young people in a progressive manor. We can learn from them just the same as we can learn from our elders. New perspective = hope, change, and a healthier brain! It can also lead to great actions...what can one do to share this new perspective with others? Perhaps the youth of our days should start spreading THEIR gospel, and perhaps more people aught to listen..
The lives we want to live often do not turn out quite as expected..it is our job as amazing human beings to work towards what we truly want out of life. To 'work' to me means working your brain, stretching positivity to all aspects of your current being. Loving yourself makes goals SO much more easy to obtain. You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to!
"What are we supposed to be doing" is the ? that is on alot of peoples minds. What are our individual roles in life? How do they come together with others? What can I do to make everything....good? My thoughts are scattered a bit, as are the rest of the worlds. Thank you for your comment, its what makes these thoughts a tad bit organized :)